RECORD 4K FROM THE WORLD’S BEST CAMERAS
The new wave of 4K cameras from Japan are arming the Pro Video world with amazing sensors at affordable price points, but falling short when it comes to Recording & Monitoring capability. Shogun completes the solution for professionals, with a class leading 7″ high resolution monitor, Balanced XLR audio, HDMI & SDI connectivity, Recording direct to 422 10-bit ProRes and all to high capacity, affordable and open market SSD’s.
HIGH END HD
For HD recording, the Shogun is our most advanced product to date. Boasting 10-bit Apple ProRes recording, high frame rate 1080p120/60/50 and 2-way conversion between HDMI and SDI. The HD world is not forgotten with Shogun.
4K MADE AFFORDABLE
We’ve tamed the complexity and cost of 4K. Record 5 hours of 4K ProRes 422 HQ on a 2TB HDD using our RAID caddy system (optional accessory currently under development) for less than $100, or to SSD or CFast. There are no hidden leasing costs for codecs after purchase – its all included in the price with Shogun.
FULL HD DIRECTOR’S MONITOR
A stunning 7.1” 1920 x 1200 320ppi screen with 178˚ viewing angle, makes Shogun perfect as a director’s monitor. With class leading features like waveform, focal assist, zebra, calibration and 2:1 zoom it’s the perfect tool for perfect shot setup. Monitor & Record from your Camera, Mac and PC Open up Apple ProRes post production quality to thousands of devices (cameras, projectors, tablets, phones, game consoles, medical and industrial equipment).
- 4K off the sensor in edit friendly 422 10-bit Apple ProRes 422 for increased color depth & 10-bit for high quality post effects.
- Spectacular 7.1” 1920×1200 320PPI SuperAtom IPS capacitive touch-screen.
- For now, Shogun will accept your choice of approved SSD drives from the world’s most trusted media brands. In the future, we will also add support for Raided HDD and CFast.
- Our most advanced OS yet, with more monitoring features and a GUI to exploit the super resolution screen.
- All the tools for perfect color, exposure & focus. Waveform, RGB parade, luma overlay, vectorscope, test pattern, 2:1 zoom, focus peaking, false color, zebra 0-100% & blue only.
- A pro monitor requires pro audio. An included breakout Lemo cable gives balanced XLR, line/mic, phantom power & 2ch balanced output.
- Trigger record start/stop & record timecode direct from the camera over HDMI (select Canon, Sony and cameras with the Atomos protocol) & SDI (all cameras).
- Send 4K safely and conveniently using our 12G SDI connection. Avoid multiple SDI cables and avoid dropped frames.
- Create FCPX XML projects on the fly with Favorite/Reject flags in the meta-data so you are ready to edit straight away in FCPX or Adobe Premiere.
- Out of the box colors you can trust with calibration to SMPTE Rec. 709 & D65 white point or Canon C-Log. Alternatively enable Canon C-Log, Sony S-log 2/3 or calibrate on the fly with an optional Atomos Spyder.
- Synchronize with the camera’s timecode & record run, free run, time-of-day time codes for independent external recording.
- Lock to an external Genlock reference signal to synchronize the Shogun’s SDI playout. A must have for multiple camera shoots in a studio environment.